(Formerly Brother, Help Thyself Inc.)
We exist to help, build, and transform our LGBTQ+ communities, by providing financial support to local nonprofits. We want that support to go where it will make a real difference. So, we support smaller, underfunded organizations that fill gaps in vital supports and services to marginalized folx first.
The BHT Foundation is happy to announce the recipients of our FY21 Grant Cycle!
This year’s grantees include:
FROM OUR ROBERT H. FUND
- $5,000 for producing virtual concerts for our community awarded to Baltimore Men’s Chorus
- $2,500 for Ames-Whitbeck Good Fairy Scholarship Fund awarded to the DC Different Drummers
- $500 for Latinx Educational Scholarships awarded to LULAC Lambda
- $2,963 for Broadcast and Rehearsal Equipment awarded to the New Wave Singers
- $3,000 for Peer Group Education awarded to North Avenue Mission
- $3,500 for Peer Group Support awarded to Rainbow Youth Alliance
- $2,000 for a Community Health and Fitness Expo awarded to Team DC
- $699 for an Automatic Electronic Defibrillator awarded to the Washington Renegades
- $2,500 for Education and Community Support awarded to the Onyx Mid-Atlantic, Inc.
- $100 for Event Expenses awarded to the Boot Black Round Up 2021
FROM OUR RICHARD K. VAN DER KARR FUND
- $5,000 for HIV/AIDS Services awarded to AIDS Action Baltimore
- $5,000 for HIV/AIDS Services awarded to The Frederick Center
BILLY MCCOY THOMPSON JR. MEMORIAL FUND
- $1,500 for Latinx Educational Scholarships awarded to LULAC Lambda
- $1,500 for Peer Group Support awarded to Rainbow Youth Alliance
For more information on these organizations and their mission, visit our impact page by clicking HERE.